Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sketchabilities 98

Today is my last reveal for the Sketchabilities DT. I have had so much fun during my term with them and have been able to work with some wonderful designers. The last sketch was such a lovely one that I wanted to use it for a layout in my family tree album which I am putting together. 

This photo is of my grandparents on their wedding day in 1939. The original photo had some scratches and marks so I worked on it in photoshop to clean it up a bit. My grandmothers wedding dress was "delphinium blue" so I decided to use some blue to life the page a bit, the fabric strips and flower are from the Pink Paislee Artisan Collection and I just used some diluted mists to colour them and also the doily. As you know I am not one for a lot of journaling because I really don't like my handwriting but for a family tree album there has to be lots of journaling so I have tucked it into the Fancy Pants pocket under the photo. As well as full page layouts like this I am also using divided pages for photos, journaling and snippets. 

This weeks sponsor for the challenge is C'est Magnifique Kits who are generously giving away one of their kits valued at $40.00. To play along head over to the Sketchabilities blog and link up your creation.

Have a wonderful weekend, 

5 comments:

  1. just beautiful! I love the scallop edges..x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layers behind your photo, Manda!! Gorgeous page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful...both photo and layout

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I read each and every one and appreciated them so much.